Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Orange Cat Company

I like to fidget, it is part of who I am. It's hard for me  to sit still, and I need to constantly keep myself occupied with something. My mom noticed this trait in my rather early on, and as I grew up she taught me various craft projects to keep me busy. First it was plastic canvas, then on my tenth birthday she gave me my first embroidery set. By the time I hit high school, she decided it as time for me to learn how to crochet. Initially, she attempted to actually teach me, which proved to be an absolute failure. Several weeks later, my mom left a learn to crochet book out on a table before leaving for work. By the end of the day, I was crocheting coaster sets and Grannies squares. Soon after that, I learned to crochet with thread. That was about 15 years ago.

I still love to crochet, especially in the evenings when I'm watching tv. Several friends have taken notice of my work and have encouraged me to open an Etsy shop to sell some of my doilies and other crocheted projects. After a bit of coaxing from the hubby, I finally took the leap. Allow me to introduce to you the Orange Cat Company. My cat Nachos is quite proud of himself to be the official mascot. Right now I only have a couple of things put up, some doilies and photography from around Maine. I hope to be increasing my inventory over the next couple of weeks.

Be sure to check the shop out, and if you like what you see, or have any special requests, drop me a message. You can also find the Orange Cat Company on Facebook. I am brand new to Etsy, so any feedback would be graciously appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...