Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Tom and I celebrated the holiday by attending a party at a friends house. This is the second year they have hosted Halloween and it is quickly becoming a tradition. As you can see, Tom and I dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, we were quite a hit. You can't quite see it in the picture, but I brought a picnic basket full of cookies for grandma. Those were quite a hit too. It was a low key type of party, the kind I prefer. There was alcohol available for those that could drink it, I enjoyed apple cider and cranberry juice. We played a couple of groups games and ending the evening in the basement playing pool and darts. 

Last weekend, Tom and I carved our pumpkins. We are the nerdy type, so we like to go all geeky. I decided to carve Boo, from Super Mario Brothers. He's a ghost, so it works, right?

We also watched a couple of scary movies throughout the week. I am not one for horror movies, especially ones that have a lot of pops. I end up spending the majority of the movie hidden under a blanket. Seriously, my family picks on me because I cannot get through Garfield's Halloween Special. This year I did good, Tom introduced me to Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I made it through both movies without screaming. I actually enjoyed them. It is nice to finally be able to watch a couple of big kid Halloween movies. We also watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, because, let's face it, it's not Halloween without Linus sitting out there in the pumpkin patch.

My Little Red Riding Hood costume made a reprise at work. We were having a costume contest, and I decided to go for it. I got third place, and a $10 gas card, score!

I hope everyone else is having, or had a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...