Saturday, October 27, 2012

Time to Shoot Up, With Fertility Medication

Did you ever wonder what $8,000 worth of medication looks like? Turn to your left, and you will know. That's right, three zeros. I have a bag sitting in my dining room that I am pretty sure is worth more than my car. The best part? It is all injectables, aka shots. I started giving myself shots last night. They are subcutaneous needles, which means they are very tiny. I would compare them to the needles my acupuncturist uses. I was really nervous about giving myself shots, but the lovely nurse at the apothecary gave me a hands on tutorial. It really is not that difficult, I have to mix one of the medications and it kind of makes me feel like a chemist or something. In the near future, I will be adding a third medication, but I can just mix that with one of the other medications I'm taking and stick to two shots a night for 12 days. Now the needles are not that bad, the cramping that comes from after the shot sucks. I've been loving my heating pad since last night. I knew cramping was going to come into play, but I did not expect it so early in the game. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...